Wednesday, May 30, 2012

NOCTURNE, MOONLIGHT, HARBOR, ONE DOLLAR AUCTION by TOM BROWN


This auction has a ONE DOLLAR starting bid and NO RESERVE. Click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190685322424

"MOONLIGHT OVER HARBOR"
Approx. 4.5x3.5 inch miniature
original oil painting on paper by Tom Brown
This small palette knife painting was done on the spur of the moment when inspiration struck. I usually carry a small pochade box in the car to be ready for moments like this. (This is the same pochade box you've seen in many of my YouTube videos.) It sets up instantly.

When I spotted the sparkling harbor scene at night I whipped out the paintbox and used just a knife to quickly capture the essence of the scene – the magic that took my breath away.

The beauty of knife painting is that it’s so direct. When I finish, I wipe the knife with a tissue and close the pochade box. I’m packed and ready to go. No brushes to clean, no solvents to deal with. It’s quick and easy. And it allows me to capture things like this while the inspiration is hot.

Thanks for looking.
tombrownstudio@cox.net  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home