Monday, April 21, 2014

TREES, BIRDS,COLORFUL 6x4 inch PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN

Click here to bid:

“A FLIGHT OF BIRDS”
6x4 ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
by TOM BROWN

As I completed this painting a flock of birds took flight from the trees on the left. If you look closely you can see them against the sky in the central portion of the painting here because I decided to put them in while it was fresh in my mind. For this painting I used my favorite compact pochade paint box. It’s entirely self-contained and it sets up in moments, ready to paint. I like to carry it in my car at all times so that if inspiration strikes I’m ready to capture this like this peaceful scene.

In these small paintings I try to convey the feeling in a simple, truthful way. It’s always fun to look back on these paintings when I return home. I think this one perfectly captured the beauty and serenity fo the scene. Enjoy the moment.

Thanks for stopping to look,
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home