Tuesday, June 17, 2014

PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP with TOM BROWN THIS SATURDAY

I plan to teach a Saturday morning workshop this weekend (June 21) from 9am to noon at a wildlife sanctuary in Irvine. The fee is $20 per person for the morning's workshop, payable upon arrival. It's a beautiful scenic spot with plenty of subject matter to paint. Parking is free and restrooms are available.

I'll begin the session with a demonstration of how I like to work on location. And then for the rest of the morning I'll be giving personal assistance as needed to each artist who's there. It's a great learning experience for anyone new to painting outdoors, or anyone who wants to improve their skills.

If you don't have an easel setup for outdoor painting, you can simply use a pizza box or something similar to hold your painting and palette as you work. Check Monday's post on my blog for an example of a similar setup.

If you plan to be there, email me for driving directions and other details.
Hope you can make it.
Tom Brown

Today’s painting is a FIELD STUDY
5x7 oil on Masonite panel
Click here for this $1 auction:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home