Friday, September 12, 2014

POCKET KIT and MINIATURE PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Click HERE for this $1 auction.

I painted this in a canyon near my home in Southern California. I’m one of those artists who loves to get out and paint every day. And I especially love painting miniatures. They’re relaxing to paint, they go quickly, and these little jewels have lots of sparkle!

And because they go quickly, I’m fairly prolific. Rather than store them away where nobody sees them, I prefer to share them here with others at prices anyone can afford.

BTW – for this one I used the little “pocket kit” I’ve talked about previously on my blog (see photo below, taken during a previous painting trip). It’s perfect for hiking in canyons like this. And despite its small size it allows me to capture a subject like this when I spot something I feel compelled to paint. I’ve shared the idea for this kit with other artists in the live workshops I teach, and some of them have also adopted it for certain paintings.

If you’re an artist I encourage you to give it a try too. Painting outdoors is loads of fun! And it will improve your studio paintings as well. Go for it, and I wish you HAPPY PAINTING!

Tom Brown


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home