Friday, January 02, 2015

MY FIRST PLEIN AIR PAINTING OF THE NEW YEAR by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE  to purchase this painting
5x7 INCH OIL PAINTING ON MASONITE PANEL

On New Year's Morning I always enjoy getting out bright and early to create a Plein Air painting on location. This is my first painting of 2015, created on-site at a scenic location near my home in Southern California.

I am also showing a photo here that was taken as I painted this. I thought it might be interesting for other artists to see how I used my artistic license when creating this painting.

You will notice that I left out the newly-planted saplings along this walking path, as well as lamp posts. I felt these things didn't contribute anything to the scene and so I chose to leave them out. What an artist leaves OUT of a painting can be as important as what he or she includes.

As I painted this I was greeted by a number of early-bird walkers and joggers passing by. Often they would stay to watch awhile or make a comment about the inspirational setting. I like it when passersby stop to chat, and it always brightens my day.

This was a wonderful way to begin the New Year! Thanks for stopping to look, and I wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is a one-of-a-kind painting and when it’s gone, it’s gone. Don’t let this one get away. This painting is available for just $75 as an instant purchase if you act quickly. Or bidding starts at $50 and you can take your chances on the final price. Once a bid is placed the instant purchase option is disabled.
Got a question? Email me here:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home