Saturday, August 22, 2015

FRAMED PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE for this painting
This is another little jewel where I used a combination of the palette knife and brushes. I love the results I get with the knife. Bold, juicy strokes of pure pigment. Clean crisp edges made with the knife that are counterbalanced with soft strokes elsewhere in the painting where I used brushes. Using BOTH the brush and the knife in the same painting gives the best of both worlds. It’s a perfect combination.

This is another painting where I used my favorite pochade box too, that you may have seen in some of my previous posts. It’s very sturdy, very light and travels well. And it costs about $20. I generally keep it in the back of my car for moments like this when I see something I want to paint on the spur of the moment. For more details on that pochade box CLICK HERE.
Questions? Email me here: 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home