Wednesday, January 06, 2016

LAGUNA BEACH, PALM TREES, OCEAN, SAILBOATS by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this painting
Original Oil Painting on a 7x5 inch Masonite panel.

To paint this I used my favorite pochade paint box. It’s lightweight, sets up in moments, carries my palette of paints and canvas and really takes a beating. Best of all it cost about $20, a fraction of most commercial pochade boxes.

You can check out details HERE, as well as some of the eBook tutorials I’ve created for plein air painting, palette knife painting, oil painting and more.

The painting above features the cliffs overlooking the ocean and beach at Heisler Park, one of my favorite places to paint. I've conducted many plein air classes here and always enjoy the inspiring view every time I return. No two days are ever the same, and things always seem fresh and new.

Paintings done outdoors in the fresh air always seem to have more life to them. You can almost feel the warmth of the sun on your shoulders, smell the clean ocean air and hear the cries of sea gulls as they circle overhead. This was truly a joy to paint, and I think it will bring a breath of fresh air and sunshine into any room in your home.

Questions? Email me: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home