Tuesday, January 26, 2016

QUAIL EGGS by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE for this auction. This is a 5x7 oil painting on a Masonite panel.


I thought it would be interesting to show a few photos here for comparison with my painting. We found these charming quail eggs at a local ethnic grocery and I couldn't pass them up. I bought them just to do a painting of them because I thought they were so beautiful.
     They're very small, and each egg has different patterns of markings on the shell. When composing this still life I included the salt shaker for a size reference, because the eggs are so small. The salt shaker next to them gives the eggs a sense of scale.
     I had a great time doing this painting and I was very pleased with how it turned out. These are very interesting eggs.
     Thanks for looking, and I hope you like the painting. It would make a wonderful accent on a kitchen wall, don’t you agree?
     Questions? Email me: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home