Wednesday, June 01, 2016

BEARDED MAN WITH PONYTAIL & TATTOOS by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE for this original 6x4” oil painting
I often sketch people in public places, especially someone who stands out from the crowd. And this guy did.
     When I spotted him I immediately did a few quick pencil studies as I waited for my order. In this case I knew I wouldn't be able to paint then and there. However I took careful notes about colors and details I'd need to know when I painted it later.
     I did the painting as soon as I was back in the studio. And using the on-site sketches I was able to recapture the look and feel of the moment. I was quite happy with the way this one turned out.
    I thought I'd show the sketches below as a point of interest, to show how this began. If you win this painting and would like the sketches let me know and I'll include them free when I ship your painting.
     I realize it isn't a subject that has broad appeal, but it was interesting to me and I enjoyed painting it. Hope you find it interesting too.
     Thanks for stopping to look; it always brightens my day to know someone else is sharing my vision. Enjoy! Here’s a link to the auction.
     Questions: Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home