Sunday, August 04, 2019

MORE ABOUT DOING SMALL STUDIES by TOM BROWN

My post yesterday was primarily directed to other artists. And it got lots of questions about other surfaces to paint on. Multi-Media paper is another one I like. That’s what I used here. This was done just for fun. So I didn’t want to waste expensive materials. I wanted to amuse myself and move on to another spot. But I do like the way it came out. And the neat thing is this can easily be framed when it’s dry by simply backing it with a rigid support. The big idea behind all this is that working on inexpensive materials is a great way to practice. You can work with no fear. Take chances you’d be reluctant to take normally. And that’s how we grow. Don’t make everything you do “precious”. You’ll never feel the joy of painting with total abandon that way. Be bold. And be willing to fail. You’d be surprised how liberating that is. Give it a try, and let me know how it goes. Happy painting!

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home