Saturday, May 16, 2020

NOTES ABOUT PLEIN AIR STUDIES by TOM BROWN

“EARLY MORNING LIGHT”
$75 Auction
Click HERE.
A few words about quick studies I paint on location like this.
     I want to capture my unguarded reaction to whatever caught my eye. I don’t want to over-think it. I want to get it down fast, feeling free to take chances and risking failure. It’s one of the reasons I often paint on plain paper or cardboard. I’m not risking anything. If I mess up, I trash it with no regrets.
     Ironically some of these quickies are among my most treasured pieces. Many I’ve painted over the years are in handsome frames on our walls. I painted this one on a sheet of white bond paper during a pause along my morning bike ride. And it’s definitely another “keeper” that I’m tempted to add to my own collection. But I’ve decided to offer it here first, in case someone else feels the same.
     The painted image is approximately 8x7 inches on a page measuring 11x8.5, as shown in the accompanying images here. If it speaks to you, this would be a good time to place a bid. Or use the buy-now option if no bids have been placed. Thanks for stopping to look, and I wish you a beautiful day. Please stay safe my friend.
     Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home