Monday, November 09, 2020

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL by TOM BROWN

 (Oil on 5x7 cardboard, $45 for short time only) Click HERE
 
I wanted to show a bit of the process I often use when doing small outdoor studies. This one is painted in oils on a 5x7 rigid cardboard panel. I often begin these small studies with a quick pencil sketch (about 2 to 3 minutes at most). The initial sketch allows me to organize the big shapes and the value masses, so when I begin painting I have no hesitation. Then I jump right into confident strokes with oils. That seems to preserve the freshness of it. Hope you like this one. This is a special price FOR A VERY SHORT TIME, so if you like it grab it while you can.

     In case you’re interested I have put together a complete eBook guide for how I work when doing paintings like this. It includes the full details on how you can put together a very simplified sketchbook kit that you can take anywhere and use oils with no muss, no fuss. All neat and tidy. And how to bring home freshly painted oils safely, without getting paint on anything. Here’s a link to that.




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home