Friday, January 01, 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR from TOM BROWN

 To begin this New Year in a totally fresh way I wanted to share this painting from happier times. I painted this as a demo for my students during a plein air workshop.

     Often during my outdoor workshops I work much smaller than this, but I wanted to demonstrate that my process works equally well whatever size you work. This is a 20x24-inch oil painting on board. I loved the way it came out and I’ve had it displayed in my home since the day I painted it.

     It’s always been one of my favorites. Especially now that this beautiful location has now been commercially developed and no longer looks this way. This had been the view looking northwest from a hilltop near what is now Jeffrey and Irvine Boulevard, near the Open Space Trail.

     If it speaks to you, you might want to place a bid while it’s available. Once the auction ends I plan to pull it offline again, so it will be gone for good. Click HERE to bid.

     Either way, thanks for stopping to look and I want to thank all my followers, collectors and students for your support this past year. I wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, filled with promise!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home