Tuesday, December 04, 2007

COLORFUL IMPRESSIONIST STILL LIFE, ORANGES


“SUN KISSED COLOR”
6x6 inch Original Oil Painting
SOLD

I have to be honest; this painting was simply an excuse to play with light and color. It was pure self-indulgence. One goal was to capture the translucent quality of the orange slice where the light seems to glow through the fruit. It’s a tricky thing to get just right, and I think I nailed it with this painting. What do you think? You can click on the image for a larger view.

I also liked the colors, especially the contrast of blue and orange together. They compliment each other nicely. Overall I was very pleased with this one. I feel it’s a tasty little piece someone will love. Time will tell.

Make me an offer if you’re interested. tombrownart@gmail.com I accept PayPal and personal checks. I ship to the U.S. only, however. To see paintings in my eBay store, click the headline. Thanks for looking.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Finding the perfect little still life for that spot on the wall!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim Weber said...

This is a beautiful still life, Tom. You captured the light through the orange piece perfectly! I really like it.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Dean H. said...

Really great stuff, Tom! You are in my favs.

Dean

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jeff Mahorney said...

This is beautiful! Very qiang-huang (in the compliment way).

7:30 AM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

love this! so fresh looking. I like your landscapes, but looks like you really had fun with this one

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My first thought was how lovely the light looks through the slice of orange. It almost looks good enough to eat. Beautiful

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home