Saturday, May 31, 2008

PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“SUNSET”
8x4 inch original oil painting, plein air

To purchase, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

This painting was done just before sunset. I used the laptop-size paintbox shown in my CD on plein air painting. I keep the paintbox in my car at all times for opportunities like this when I need to grab it quick, set up fast and be ready to paint instantly.

Plein air painting lets you grab the thrill you feel outdoors and capture it in oils. There’s a quality of magic to it that’s hard to describe. It’s a total sensory experience that seems to include the scent of the earth, sounds of birds, the breeze on your face. You bring home that freshness and excitement in your painting.

I urge all studio artists to try plein air painting. Your work will take a quantum leap overnight. Email me and I’ll share some free tips on getting started, just like I teach on my TV show.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Looking forward to starting a good book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Lynn Williams Fine Art said...

How do you keep your paint moist if you store your palette in the car -doesn't it dry out?

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home