Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING

“FIVE O’CLOCK SHADOW”

Plein Air Study by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

When painting on location I sometimes use quick unfinished studies like this to capture the fleeting effects of light and color in a few bold strokes. An example here is the golden sunlight on the billowing clouds, and the pale gray-lavender color of the distant mountains.

These studies are like little jewels that sparkle with life, and I often frame them in this unfinished state. Click on the “detail” image for a better view.

If you would like to try your hand at plein air painting but can’t attend my live workshops, my new “PLEIN AIR QUICK-START PACKAGE” will get you started on the right path. It includes videos from my TV shows and much more. Plus I have a series of e-books on CDs. They also make unique Holiday gifts for your artist friends! Email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s happy thought:
The end of a perfect day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home