Tuesday, January 06, 2009

PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“REFLECTIONS ON A QUIET STREAM”
6x8 inch original plein air painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

I would like to suggest a New Year’s Resolution for every artist who follows this blog: Make this the year when you actually get outside and paint directly from nature (en plein air). Your studio paintings will improve greatly as a result, guaranteed.

If you live in the area you may want to join my live Plein Air Workshop beginning this Saturday, January 10th. All skill levels are welcome, and I have some new and interesting lessons planned for everyone. Email me for details if you’re interested: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

If you can’t attend my live workshops, my “PLEIN AIR VIDEO & E-BOOK PACKAGE” will show you everything you need to know to join the fun of outdoor painting.

It contains a DVD VIDEO from my popular TV series on plein air painting. Cameras follow me every step of the way as I paint live on location in a majestic canyon at sunrise. You can watch me in real time as I go from start to finish creating a complete plein air painting.

The “PLEIN AIR VIDEO & E-BOOK PACKAGE” also contains an E-BOOK on a CD that you will view on your computer or print out for handy reference. You can look over my shoulder as I create a number of paintings under different conditions. In each demonstration I show step-by-step details and give you the recipes for color mixing, tips on brush strokes, and loads more. You can follow along to gain practical experience before ever venturing outdoors with your own paints.

This “PLEIN AIR VIDEO & E-BOOK PACKAGE” is for anyone from absolute beginners to experienced artists. I show you all my inside tips, tricks and techniques; things that you can use right away. I explain how to get started, an easy way to simplify complex scenes, how to judge values (the lightness and darkness of colors), the best ways to use brush stroke technique and lots more. I even include details on an inexpensive painting kit that goes anywhere. (It costs “pocket change” and I use mine frequently.)

To order mail me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Cross said...

Beautiful Paintings Tom.
This year I plan on getting outside to do some plein air..finally :)
I look forward to seeing more of your work and I might purchase your DVD or CDs.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I have already made it one of my resolutions to get out and paint - lets hope tomorrow the sun will shine because if it does there will be no stopping me.
Would love to see more information on your DVD.

5:05 AM  
Blogger prairiesun said...

I look forward to your emailed paintings everyday and thank you for that. I want to learn more about how to paint the way you do. I have put my painting on the back burner and finally feel it is time to paint. Thanks for the inspiration you give me. Do you have info on how to set up a website and where best places are to sell paintings online? Thanks!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home