Sunday, April 12, 2009

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“A CLOUDY DAY AT MINNOW CREEK”
8x10 inch Plein Air Painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

Plein air painting is one of the most enjoyable forms of art because it engages all the senses and infuses the painting with an energy and sense of authenticity not found in studio work.

A note to fellow artists: You can try your hand at outdoor painting without spending a cent on equipment.

Many artists want to try plein air painting, but aren’t sure if they will like it. So they don’t want to buy a French easel or equipment they may never use again.

I created a simple solution to this for my new plein air students. It’s a self-contained kit that anyone can make (without tools). And it’s literally free.

It travels well, it’s easy to use, and it lets you experience the fun of plein air painting with no financial risk.

I also compiled lots of other valuable tips. My students were so impressed they suggested I make this available to artists everywhere.

I did, and it’s now available as an electronic handout for just $10. It's like a mini-book that is readable on the computer or can be printed out for permanent reference.

Here’s what it covers:

How to make the FREE self-contained plein air kit.

Details about two other very inexpensive plein air setups I use on location.
Each of these is a more durable, permanent plein air setup:

1) The extremely lightweight, inexpensive easel shown on my blog recently. It’s perfect for times when I want to travel VERY light, on long hikes into canyons or mountains for example. This setup is ideal for small panels, from very tiny up to about 8x10 or 11x14 inches.

2) The easel I use on my TV show. It’s also inexpensive and lightweight, but larger. It handles any sized canvases from very tiny to very large.

My plein air working methods. I show two step-by-step demonstrations painted and photographed on location. You can see how each painting evolved from the very first stroke to the final piece.

A complete packing list. This tells you how to pack light for location work, without sacrificing any essentials. I even include notes on how to dress for plein air painting.

An innovative way to solve perspective problems. I show how to make a unique tool that will solve problems of accurately capturing lines of perspective on location. This is perfect for creating the correct angles of a country road in your paintings. Or accurately drawing buildings and streets, or the angles of a wandering path.

This is perfect for all skill levels. The handout contains loads of information about plein air painting that you can use to get started right away. It solves many problems facing the new plein air painter, and it even includes tips for experienced painters who want to refine their working methods.

“USEFUL TIPS FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING” is now available for $10. It is a PDF file that will be emailed to you so you can get started on the right path, right away.

Email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net. Thanks for looking. Have a wonderful day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautifull strock and fresh colour in landscapes....

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home