Friday, April 03, 2009

PLEIN AIR HARBOR, BOATS BY TOM BROWN




“HARBOR SPARKLE”
6x8 inch original oil painting by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

At first glance I saw nuances of color and light in this harbor scene that were too subtle for the camera to record. Boats reflected golden light in the harbor water. Palm trees rose in the distance against a periwinkle sky. Before that impression could fade I set up my easel and captured it in this little gem.

The accompanying photo was shot as I was near the finish of the painting. By that time the light had changed and the magic had vanished. I was happy to have caught it in time.

Thanks for looking. Have a sparkling day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Wonderful painting, Tom! I really like the colors and the nice loose brushstrokes.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home