Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BEACH TOWN, IMPRESSIONIST PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“CAFÉ UMBRELLAS”
11x14 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

Newport Beach, California is a popular vacation destination for tourists and an inspiring spot for plein air painters.

I recently conducted a plein air workshop for a group of other artists at this spot. Inspiring scenery surrounded us, with the pier nearby, the ocean and beach, palm trees and ocean vistas, and of course this charming outdoor café area with the colorful yellow umbrellas.

This painting was done at another time in the studio, when I was able to devote more time and attention to detail without interruptions by tourists passing through. I hope you like it.

PS - I want to thank everyone for the enthusiastic feedback about my recent tips for increasing their art sales. It’s heartwarming to hear how helpful you are finding this information. Have a great day and thanks for looking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Tom..
I've been enjoying your videos and the painting I have of yours.
Thanks!

11:06 AM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

They are all watching you!. They ignore me because I'm a bag lady, and then if they do decide that I need to be judged or admonished, I am always elevated by thier exclamations of pure joy when they see what I am doing, (they always expect to be defrauded when they approach me, and instead they always end up saying, 'would you sell that to me, how about fifty bucks would you take fifty what about a hundred, what can I get that for?" I always say, 'It's in a trust, I'd like to sell it to you but I can't a trust owns all of my work, would you like to be on my mailing list, and say, if you like my work, you will really love Tom Brown, just look on the Web, Tom Brown Fine Art, don't forget, in fact I'll write it down for you." Tom, you are the only artist who I recomment to people, and recommend you to everyone. Thanks, NC (Remeber when I met you, your wife, or some beauty in your out dooor class, very elegant and Newport in appearance, admonished you not to talk to me, she never saw my work, I bet you that upon seeing it she will change her mind, I'll send you a current print out, maybe in a week or so. My time is not my own, must make court appearances regarding the accident. Love, Nancy C

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home