Saturday, October 10, 2009

NOCTURNE PLEIN AIR PAINTING, FREE ONLINE ART LESSON by TOM BROWN


“STARRY, STARRY NIGHT”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

Painting nocturnes is a refreshing variation of plein air painting. The scene emerges gradually as the eye adjusts, away from bright lights. The night sky is filled with gentle and rich hues like an impromptu arrangement of musical notes that will never be heard again. It is a wonderful experience.

I use a small headlamp that illuminates my palette and painting as I work. A photo of it was included in a blog post earlier this week when I showed another nocturne plein air painting. And I use my small, compact plein air paintbox that sets up in moments. It’s perfect for a night excursion.

If you are an artist who has never tried your hand at plein air nocturnes, I encourage you to give it a try. I have created a FREE ONLINE ART LESSON packed with tips on how to get started. Email me for your free copy.

This painting is very affordably priced. Email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net. Thanks for looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home