Monday, January 04, 2010

PLEIN AIR IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“SIMPLE BEAUTY”
6x8 inch Impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

I continue to enjoy painting small plein air studies directly from nature in addition to working on a series of larger studio works for gallery exhibitions later this year. Sometimes I use these small plein air pieces as the basis for the large studio paintings.

In an earlier post I discussed how plein air paintings ring true to nature more than photos or imagination. Photos are notably inadequate for capturing the true range of color that the artist’s eye can observe on location.

That is one of the reasons plein air paintings are valued so highly. They sparkle with life like little jewels and capture the feelings, mood and spirit of the moment. I feel that is the case with this little treasure. I hope you agree.

A book of my paintings will also be available later this year, which will feature a variety of my paintings including small plein air work as well as larger studio pieces. Stay tuned for more information.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And a special thanks to all my loyal collectors, students and followers of this blog.

-- Tom

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home