Monday, December 28, 2009

COFFEE, 8x10 IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN



“A FRESH START”
8x10 inch Impressionist
oil painting by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

Sometimes a painting is about the subject, and other times it’s about the paint itself – strokes, texture, edge quality, color handling, etc. And always it’s about mood, and light, and joy.

In this little beauty I focused on expressing the energy of the strokes and color to capture the light on a steaming cup of freshly brewed coffee. (If you know me, you know how I LOVE my coffee!)

I’m not sure the computer image captures the colors. The background and tabletop are very muted, almost grayed colors. But colors really SING in the spot where the morning light hits the cup.

You’ll either love this one, or not. You can’t force it. It’s either there or it’s not.

But in any case, thanks for looking, and have a fantastic New Year!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home