Monday, June 28, 2010

OUTDOOR NIGHT PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“MOONLIGHT SONATA IN OILS”
6x8 INCH PLEIN AIR NOCTURNE
ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN
SOLD

A full moon was scheduled and it was too much to resist. I decided to capture it in an oil painting, done outdoors on location at night.

I scouted several locations in advance, to find the best spot to paint from. And I took note of the best time to see the moon at this point in the sky.

Then on the night I planned to paint this, I carefully packed my night-painting equipment and headed out. Before I ventured out to paint this I shot a quick video to describe my night painting gear and a few other tips. The painting above was the result of this session.

Enjoy the view, and if you would like to purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

This is beautiful!!!

Do you go alone?? Do you ever have "problems" out there at night??

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home