Sunday, October 03, 2010

DENTED STUDIO BRUSH CAN PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“DENTED BRUSH CAN”
5x7 inch original palette knife
oil painting by Tom Brown

SOLD

Bam. There it is. Palette knife paintings go right to the heart of things. Like this dented studio brush can.

I love creating these little palette knife pieces for a change of pace. They have real punch. The color is clean and bold. The “brush strokes” are dynamic and make a strong statement. And the composition captures the heart of the subject without lots of fussy details.

I thought I’d include a few of my favorite brushes are in the photo too. Clearly there are enough for many more paintings.

Ironically this painting was done without any of them since it’s a palette knife painting!

Let me know if you would like to give it a good home. tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Wow.... This is just fabulous, Tom!!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jen Beaudet said...

Great job on the metal! I need some help with that. I love the colors! Jennifer:)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Polly Jones said...

I love how this shimmers.

8:58 AM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

That is so astoundingly beautiful! It really makes me want to start earlier and work harder tomorrow, just in the off hope that I will ever catch up to you. Thanks for being such a great inspiration. -N.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home