Tuesday, October 04, 2011

LAGUNA BEACH TOURISTS BY TOM BROWN





“LAGUNA BEACH TOURISTS” is an 8x8-inch original oil painting, ready to frame.

I painted this on the spot as tourists strolled past my easel. I felt it would be interesting to include a photo of the scene as well as a few steps during the painting process.

You can see my initial block-in of the key architectural shapes, then as individual tourists passed or paused I quickly indicated their position in the painting.

Finally I began to block in the important colors, and then took it to completion. I was very pleased with the result, and hope you like it too.

Email me if you would like to purchase this painting. Tom Brown tombrownstudio@cox.net

Click here to bid on my eBay auctions:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

CALIFORNIA ARTISTS: My new 5-week Plein Air Workshop begins this Saturday. We will paint on location at a variety of stunning locations around Orange County, California. We meet from 9am to noon on Saturday mornings. If you would like to join the group, email me for additional information. - Tom Brown tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home