Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HAWK, OAK TREES, PLEIN AIR PAINTING and WORKSHOP INFO by TOM BROWN



$1 AUCTION - CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

CALLING ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ARTISTS: On April 6th I begin teaching a new Plein Air workshop and there is still time to register. I have a number of exciting new things to share with everyone in this workshop; I hope you can make it. We will paint at a variety of locations around Orange County, California for 5 consecutive Saturdays from 9am to noon. Email me for details if you’re interested.

This is another painting done as a demonstration for students in a Plein Air workshop I taught. I thought it would be interesting to show a sketch of the scene I did to show my students how I planned to organize the composition.

As I was doing the pencil sketch we were treated to a red tail hawk circling over the trees, and I noted that in my sketch. When I did the actual painting I included the bird.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you can attend the new Plein Air workshop.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home