Thursday, January 02, 2014

FIRST PLEIN AIR PAINTING OF 2014 by TOM BROWN, 8x10 INCH ORIGINAL OIL


Life can offer surprises when you least expect it. On New Year’s Day I always like to get outside early and paint whatever catches my eye for my first plein air painting of the New Year.

I recalled a scenic vista where I had painted long ago, but when I arrived this time it had vanished. It is about to become a housing development. The land has been cleared and graded; the pristine scenery has been destroyed.

But I saw possibilities in what remained. The lighting and interplay of color and shapes caught my eye and seemed to have promise.

I recalled the old saying about lemons and decided to see what I could do with this. I was quite pleased with the results. I guess beauty can be found everywhere if only we look for it. I think that should be my motto for the New Year; find the beauty everywhere.

I wish you a Beautiful New Year filled with pleasant surprises.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

CLICK HERE FOR MY eBAY PAINTINGS:

CLICK HERE FOR MY ETSY STORE:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home