Monday, February 03, 2014

URBAN STREET SCENE, 6x4 PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN


Another small-town Main Street scene, painted on-site using the compact pochade paint box you’ve seen in some of my YouTube videos. I like to carry this paint box in the car any time I’m out. When I spot something inspiring, I just grab the box and I’m set up and painting within about 2 minutes.

When I return home I pop the entire paint box into the freezer to keep the paints fresh for next time. Another way to keep oil paints from drying out is to smear a drop or two of clove oil inside the lid. The fumes from the clove oil retard oxidation of the oil paints, keeping them fresh for prolonged periods. This is a great way to keep usable paint on your palette during a vacation painting trip.

I was quite pleased with this one; I hope you like it too.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

CLICK HERE TO BID ON THIS PAINTING:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF MY PAINTINGS:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home