Saturday, October 11, 2014

$1 AUCTION, OCEAN, WAVE, PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN

Click HERE for this painting.

You may find it interesting to know how this painting was created.

The light coming through the underside of this wave is what I wanted to capture. And the shimmering reflection of the white foam on the water in front of the wave.

I sat in the sand for quite a while studying these effects as I watched wave after wave coming toward the beach. When I had a clear memory of how these effects occurred I began to block in my painting.

Then I would pause and compare what I had captured with the next wave that rolled in. I made changes as I went, and eventually this painting evolved. So I guess this is actually a painting of many waves all blended into one.

Thanks for stopping to look.
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home