Saturday, January 10, 2015

MORE ABOUT MY HANDY NEW SKETCH KIT by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE  TO BID ON THIS PAINTING
The other day I shared photos of a handy new sketch kit I’ve been having fun with. I used the same kit for today’s palette knife oil painting, which was done on location in a canyon where I’ve taught Plein Air Workshops in the past.

Many artists have emailed me for more details about it, so during my Plein Air Workshop that begins on January 24th I’ll show this handy kit to everyone in my workshop.

If you’d like to join us, that Workshop will meet for 5 consecutive Saturday mornings from 9am to noon. (Some of us may stay a bit longer if we’re having too much fun and don’t want to stop.)

The first meeting actually begins indoors in a large studio at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, and after a brief break it will continue outdoors in an adjoining park where I will give a demonstration of how I work on location.

During the indoor studio portion of the first class meeting I will demonstrate a number of equipment options that may be of interest to those who don’t have gear for outdoor painting. Some of these painting setups are completely free, so that newcomers can try their hand at outdoor painting without an investment in special equipment.

At that meeting I will also answer questions, give tips and techniques for how I work outdoors on location, and I will review the locations and directions for the places where we will meet over the following four Saturdays. We will meet at a new location each week.

During the workshop I will also show details of the sketch kit shown on my blog, and I usually hold a free drawing where someone wins one of my demonstration paintings absolutely free.

Registration is handled by the Irvine Fine Arts Center and you can contact them at 949-724-6880. Refer to Tom Brown’s Plein Air Painting Workshop, which is class number #149960. I hope to see you there.

For those who missed yesterday’s post, below are photos of that kit I mentioned.
Got a question? Email me here:
tombrownstudio@cox.net


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home