Sunday, August 30, 2015

MUSCULAR MALE FIGURE 8x10 ORIGINAL OIL by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this 8x10 inch original oil painting on canvas

During a plein air workshop I conducted for a group of other artists, we set up our easels beneath shade trees along the edge of these fields. This is one of the two paintings I did that day while teaching the workshop.

This particular worker was very muscular, and made a dramatic subject to paint. He was aware that several of us were painting him and he would occasionally pause for us before resuming his labor in the fields. He later came over to see the results, and seemed very proud to have appeared in our paintings.

We wanted to capture this moment while we could because the land was soon to become a new residential community. This was the final harvest, and we knew it would be our last chance to capture it on canvas. We saw heavy earth-moving equipment being brought in as we painted.

I have always been happy that I had the chance to record this before the moment was lost forever. In fact I was so pleased with the two paintings I did that day that I’ve had them both hanging on my studio walls since then. But now it’s time to let them find new homes, and so I’m finally offering them here. The other painting is in another of my eBay auctions. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed painting them. And thanks for stopping to look.

Questions? Email me here: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home