Sunday, June 12, 2016

OUTDOOR MARKETPLACE by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this 6x6 original oil
This colorful sketch of an outdoor marketplace began as a pencil study at the actual location. Then when the composition was established I began to paint over the sketch with oils to capture the colorful atmosphere of the scene.
     I truly enjoy getting out and sketching people in public places, usually when they are completely unaware that they're being sketched or painted. To do this I carry a pocket-sized sketching & painting kit of my own design. I call it my "stealth kit" because my kit is so small that nobody notices me using it and people are unaware of what I'm doing.
     It does take confidence to draw and paint like this on location, but with practice anyone can do it. And it's great fun. Anyway, I was very pleased with this marketplace scene and hope you like it as much as I enjoyed painting it. Happy bidding.
Questions or comments? Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home