Friday, June 10, 2016

WOMAN’S PORTRAIT by TOM BROWN

“PENSIVE” – 5x7 oil painting on mdf panel
CLICK HERE for this auction
     I had fun pushing the color shifts a bit on this one. And to make it more interesting I used only three pigments plus white to create this entire painting. Working with such a limited palette automatically helps with color harmony.
     I used only ochre, cadmium red, phthalo green and white. Yet despite the limited pigments I used, it is clearly possible to achieve a wide range of hues within the painting. This is something I’ll be covering in a figure painting workshop I’m teaching.
     This woman’s portrait was quite enjoyable to paint and I was pleased with the result. Hope you like it too, and I’d love to hear your comments. You can email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home