Wednesday, April 17, 2019

SKETCHBOOK THIS MORNING by TOM BROWN

Yesterday I mentioned that if I’m in a hurry I might do a quick pencil sketch. And then paint directly over it later when I have more time. Like the two demo paintings in my new sketchbook video.
     But today I had plenty of time. For “sketchbook” work like this I paint on loose panels rather than on pages bound in a book. Then I can easily frame the “keepers.”
     And I think this one wants to be framed. This is an oil painting on a Bristol panel. The painted area measures a bit more than 6x5 inches. This charming little home in warm morning light just called out to me; I couldn’t resist.
     I think I caught the magic of the moment. Hope you like it too, and thanks for stopping to look.
PS: Here’s a link to my new video.
           Tom Brown
           tombrownstudio@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home