Monday, November 20, 2006

"PEACE IN THE VALLEY" (click here to bid on this painting)


On a recent painting trip I spotted this beautiful setting and felt inspired to capture it on canvas. A sense of peace and serenity came over me as I worked, suggesting the title for this painting. I hope it brings you the same comforting feelings.

In my paintings I try to communicate my emotional response to a subject and bring out the beauty I see. I use lively color and bold, energetic strokes to keep my work fresh and spontaneous so the emotion comes through. If you can sense this in my work and it adds beauty and joy to YOUR life, then I have succeeded.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Wambsgans said...

Tom, The light falling 1/2 way down the church really drives home the time of the day. Very nice!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Tom Brown said...

Laura, thanks for the compliment. I just took a look at your blog postings and really love your work. I noticed that many of your paintings are done near where I live in Orange County. Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Crystal Cove are all familiar haunts of mine. If you're going to be painting in the area again some time let me know and maybe we can paint together; I can show you some great spots. - Tom Brown

6:08 PM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

It does actually have a calming impact on the viewer. I feel safe when I look at it. I think because of the use of light at the church bell tower. I met you, so I appreciate what an absolutely diplomatic person you are. You should teach diplomacy, for example today my nerves are shot from trying to respond agreeably to an artist who is stealing from me, I did cut my losses, and all is well that ends well, but it is so restful to be back here on the predictably professional diplomatic Tom Brown site, and in out of the trauma of trying to purchase art from less diplomatic artists, as much as I love their work, I wish the whole package was a pleasure, and not just the product. Thank You again for being you. Nancy (I feel like I've been hit by a truck, it should not be such a nightmare to buy a painting.)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home