Sunday, August 03, 2008

OUTDOOR STILL LIFE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“SUMMER COLORS”
8x6 inch original oil painting

To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

This is one of a series of still life compositions I painted outdoors in direct sunlight. The natural light brings out the beautiful colors in the fresh fruit.

During my most recent plein air workshop I had my students paint still life compositions like this outdoors in the open air. For subject matter I brought a huge selection of fresh fruit from the local farmer’s market. I also brought coffee mugs, flowers, books and other objects to use.

We had a great time capturing the freshness of summer sunlight on these subjects in our paintings. This is one of the demonstration paintings I did for the students, showing how I approach composition, block-in, color balance, brushwork and other elements of painting. I hope you like it.

If you would like to try your hand at oil painting, I have a series of CDs and DVDs that show how anyone can paint well on their first try. The DVDs are episodes from my TV shows where I am filmed live on location painting the scenes in front of us. The CDs are “e-books” that you can use on your computer or print out for reference. Email me for details if you’re interested. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Carole King albums

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home