Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AFFORDABLE IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN




“SOLITUDE”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

A country road. No traffic. Peace and quiet. Balmy weather. And the chance to play with my paints. What could be better?

For comparison with my painting I’m including a snapshot of the scene taken while I worked.

By the way, I want to thank everyone for such enthusiastic replies about my online art lesson on “COLOR MIXING MADE EASY”. I’m pleased everyone has found it so eye-opening and helpful. Especially the sections on greens, spectrum grays and my favorite: “optical” color mixing. Thanks again for your kind words.

Keep an eye on this blog for another completely FREE mini art lesson soon. It incorporates a number of concepts covered in the COLOR MIXING guide.

And if you haven’t received your free mini lesson on painting plein air nocturnes, email me and get yours today. It’s completely free.

To purchase today’s affordably priced painting email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Thanks for including a photo of the place you painted. It is nice to be able to see how you interpreted the scene.

6:01 AM  
Blogger FCP said...

Wow, Tom, it makes me appreciate the painting even more to see the painting next to the photo of the scene!thanks for sharing this,

6:09 AM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

love it when the shadow is so subtle that I don't even see it, and then I look back at the photo, and ask myself, where is the shadow of the tree across the road, did he do that, or is it there, did he leave it out, I didn't see it. And then I go back to the painting, and there it is, so perfectly rendered that the naturalness of it, the perfect plausability of it, made it invisible. NC

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home