Sunday, November 15, 2009

SMALL AFFORDABLE IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN




“A MOMENT CAPTURED”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

The subject is sometimes 1/10th the idea and emotion is 9/10ths of it.

This unusual piece was painted at the edge of the abandoned El Toro military base as I waited for a TV crew to arrive. They were coming to film another segment of my TV show.

I had arrived early and as I looked around I felt a sense of sadness at this disappearing era. Soon there would be no trace of this entire chapter of history. Countless lives and stories had been intertwined here over the decades, and now it was vanishing forever.

Weeds have pushed through the cracked pavement. Palm trees have sprouted uninvited and engulfed a utility pole. Phone wires crisscross in every direction. In the distance a few vehicles are parked beside an abandoned warehouse as workers prepare to demolish the building.

Something compelled me to capture this final glimpse of history before it was gone forever.

Sharing these visual treats with others is my goal. For a while I can still offer these little treasures at very affordable prices until I resume gallery affiliations late next year.

I realize that this painting will not appeal to everyone, but it was painted because the subject moved me. If this little jewel speaks to you grab it while you can! Email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Another very nice painting, Tom!!! It is interesting to see how you edited the scene. Thank you for showing us a photo and your painting.

Where do I see your TV shows? What network are they on?

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home