Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SKY & CLOUDS PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN


"HEAVY WEATHER BREWING"
6x8 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown

Email for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

As much as I enjoy creating large commissioned paintings in the studio, I still treasure the time spent on location where I create little jewels like this directly from nature. I generally paint small on location so that I can capture the essence of the scene quickly, before conditions change.

This painting is an example of times when one must paint without hesitation. The clouds were moving fast and the light would fade quickly as well. I needed to move with a sure brush or lose the opportunity. I did exactly that, and I got it!

One bonus of small paintings like this is the power of a well-placed brushstroke. Each stroke of the brush and each "piece" of paint carries a great deal of impact and strength in a small painting.

Hope you like this one as much as I do. If you would like to own this piece at "pre-gallery" prices email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net (Later this year I will again be represented by brick-and-mortar galleries, which will necessitate a rise in prices. Until then I can still release these little treasures at pre-gallery prices.)

Thanks for looking. Have a perfect day!

-- Tom Brown

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Beautiful, Tom! I love the way you paint clouds.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home