Friday, February 26, 2010

URBAN PLEIN AIR ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING by TOM





"A HIDDEN SIDE OF BALBOA ISLAND"
5x7 inch Plein Air Urban Landscape
by Tom Brown

To purchase email: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

For a change of pace I decided to paint an urban plein air scene. I set up my compact little pochade easel along the streets of Balboa Island in Newport Beach. This view actually looks down a back alley of this charming little island beach town.

The variety of architecture and sparkling bits of color that were interlocked throughout the scene caught my eye. The phone poles and power lines created additional interest.

While I painted I took a photo for comparison with the finished painting. The amount of detail was a challenge to paint without losing the sense of freshness I wanted to maintain. But I feel I succeeded and I was very pleased with the results. Click on the detail image for a better look.

I have decided this painting will be included in the book of my art due to be released later this year. If you would like to purchase this little jewel at "pre-gallery" prices email me for details. tombrownstudio@cox.net

Later this year I will again be represented by brisk-and-mortar galleries, which will cause a rise in prices. Until then I can still release my paintings at online prices.

Hope you like this one. It was a pleasure to paint. Thanks for stopping to look.
-- Tom Brown

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home