Friday, June 21, 2013

MORE FREE ART, PLEIN AIR TIPS, CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN



CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

This is another 5x7 inch oil painting I created as part of a lesson for other artists during a Plein Air Workshop I taught.

This sketch was part of the lesson, and I thought it might be interesting to post it here along with the painting.

I often suggest that artists who are new to Plein Air painting might want to consider doing a few thumbnail sketches before beginning their painting of a scene. These small sketches help clarify the composition and allow you to paint with greater confidence once you put brush to canvas.

BONUS FOR BLOG READERS: This painting is on eBay at the moment, and the pencil study is not listed as part of the auction. However I do still have the sketch. If you happen to win the auction, email me that you saw the sketch here and I will include it free of charge when I ship your painting.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home