Monday, February 17, 2014

CITRUS GROVE, MOUNTAINS, 5x7 INCH PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE FOR THIS PAINTING:

I painted this as a demonstration for students in a Plein Air Workshop I taught this past weekend. In this painting I actually focused on just a single citrus tree rather than the entire grove, and I included the majestic mountains in the distance. I'm showing photos here that were taken as I worked on this painting for comparison with my interpretation of the scene.

Paintings done on location working directly from nature always seem to carry a bit of extra magic.
There's something about getting out in the fresh air and sunshine with my paint box and capturing the sensations I'm experiencing. The warmth of the sun, the clean fresh air, the sounds of birds; it all seems to become a part of the painting.

I hope you can feel the same sense of joy in this one that I felt when painting it.

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home