Saturday, February 15, 2014

"RUBY'S" -- COLORFUL URBAN PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN


"RUBY'S" -- COLORFUL URBAN PLEIN AIR
6x4 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING by Tom Brown
 
This painting was done as a demonstration for my students during a Plein Air Workshop I taught last weekend. I thought it would be interesting to show a photo here that was taken while I was painting this picture.

I had planned this location for our outdoor class because there is a beautiful lake and scenery here. But when I arrived, I decided to turn my back on the lake scene for my first painting of the morning and capture the sparkling light on this scene across the street from our lakefront painting site.

After finishing this painting I set up my easel facing the lake and painted the scenery I originally planned to paint at this location. I did two more paintings that day, which will appear here soon.

CLICK HERE FOR THIS PAINTING:

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home