Monday, January 01, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR from TOM BROWN


I always like to begin the New Year by getting out early and painting something on location. And you never know what to expect.  This is my first painting of 2018, a 9x12 oil on canvas panel that I painted early this morning (New Year’s Day) at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary. A heavy fog surprised me when I arrived; I’d been expecting a bright sunny day. But I loved the soft misty look of the landscape with the layer of fog softening colors and values, so that’s what I chose to capture in this painting. I’m quite pleased with the way this one turned out. And as a bonus, I was pleased to have a number of visitors who showed up and kept me company. One of them took the photo of me you see here. The year is off to a great start!
     If you’re interested, you can click HERE to check out my gallery of available paintings. And I want to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@gmail.com
#oilpainting #impressionism #pleinair #pochade #landscape #newyear


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home