Thursday, March 27, 2008

BARN DAILY PAINTING, LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN



“NATURAL AIR CONDITIONING”
8x10 inch original oil painting
SOLD

This painting began with a small rough sketch to establish the composition and patterns of lights and darks. The sketch served as a valuable guide as I painted the canvas, helping to maintain the initial feeling I had planned to capture. I particularly liked the weathered wood and occasional missing planks of barn siding, which suggested the title for this piece.

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you’re interested in this painting or if you would like to commission me to create a special painting for your home or office.

By the way, in yesterday’s blog post I mentioned that if you’re an artist who hasn’t yet tried painting outdoors from nature, I strongly encourage you to give it a try. There’s nothing like plein air painting to make your work come alive. You don't need lots of expensive equipment like a French easel to get started. I can tell you how to get set up without spending a cent. Many viewers have emailed me for the information, and the offer still stands. Let me know if you’re interested.

For details about my instructional CDs on OIL PAINTING FOR THE BEGINNER or my CD on PLEIN AIR PAINTING click the headline above. Complete information is on my website.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Matinees

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Thanks for showing the simple sketch next to the painting. Beautiful.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Denyse Fenelon Biagi said...

Hi Tom,
I'm a new plein air painter. Wondering if you really have to buy a $50 umberella or is there an alternative?
Thanks for your input.
Love your work.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Pamela Nichols said...

Love this one! I've been invited to join a plein air group of artists, but have been reluctant to leave my comfort zone at home painting still life, although I have purchased a nice French easel. I was wondering about an umbrella, too. I guess you would have to be careful where to set up in the midst of a group of artists.
http://pamelanichols.blogspot.com/

4:15 AM  
Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

I loved seeing the sketch for this one! You've rarely done a sketch in class so this is nice to see. Thanks!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home