Tuesday, June 10, 2008

PLEIN AIR DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“PENTHOUSE SUITE”
10x6 inch oil on canvas
SOLD
Birds nesting in the top of this towering tree made me think of it as Nature’s hi-rise, hence the title. This painting was done entirely on location in the fading light of dusk. The colors in this piece are very soft and subtle, and really need to be seen in person to be appreciated. If you wish to purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Recently I’ve been showing paintings done with a palette knife; today’s painting was done with brushes. The two methods of painting are interconnected on many levels, and this Saturday I will teach all about this in a special Plein Air class. Artists living in the Orange County area are welcome to join me. Email for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Find the wonder in the world around you today, and pass the feeling along.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Bird watching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home