Wednesday, June 18, 2008

URBAN DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“CITIZEN OF THE WORLD”
8x6 inch original oil
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

I did a quick pencil sketch of this gentleman before beginning the painting because I expected him to move before I could complete the painting. He didn’t. He remained in essentially the same position the entire time I worked. He endlessly rummaged through his bag of worldly goods as I sat in the comfort of my car with my small paintbox.

Aaron is his name, which I learned while talking with him after completing the painting. He had marvelous and interesting stories to tell as we had lunch together at a local restaurant, my treat. Afterwards we both went our separate ways, a little richer for the experience.

Find the wonder in the world around you today, and help others see it with you.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Meeting new people

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Mahorney said...

Good for you Tom. :)
I can't believe how charming the sketch is. Beautifully done.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home