Friday, July 31, 2009

WESTERN ART, INDIAN PORTRAIT by TOM BROWN


“PORTRAIT IN THE SUN”
Approximately 6x7 inch portrait study of American Indian
Original oil painting from life by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

I enjoy making friends wherever I am. At a roadside tourist shop in the desert I met this interesting Native American who agreed to pose for this brief portrait study during a lull in business.

I wanted to paint in direct sunlight, and set up my easel on the edge of the parking area. As I painted this, it caused a number of passing motorists to pull off the road and stop to watch. Soon I had lost my model who had to attend to the customers, but I was able to complete this much of the portrait before that.

I rarely show portraits on my blog, and I felt this would be an interesting change of pace from my plein air landscapes. Thanks for looking, and have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

This is a really nice painting, Tom! I like the painterly look.

9:58 PM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

Wow, that is what I do all day long, I'll send you a print out of the sort of thing that I do, and not to draw a crowd I go into the feild as a bag lady. And I really like it, no one bothers me except to put money in my brush can, it's really the best anonymity that you could ask for, they tisk me and they disparage me and then they exclaim, "Wow that is really beautiful, did you go to art school." I say, 'yes but I didn't learn anything until I dropped out.' Which is true. Love, Nancy Carol

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home