Friday, October 16, 2009

AFFORDABLE IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN




“ROADSIDE ATTRACTION”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown


Trucks and cars occasionally whipped past as I painted this from the edge of a rural road. But this was too good to pass up. The trusty painting kit that I keep in my car made it possible to set up and capture this scene despite the unlikely location.

For this painting I used the same lightweight metal paintbox that I used at the abandoned airfield in yesterday’s blog post. In moments I can set up to paint. When I’m finished, I simply close the lid and everything is packed to safely transport home.

Once again I felt it would be of interest to other artists to see photos of the actual scene, along with the painting as it developed.

Enthusiastic replies continue to pour in about my online art lesson on “COLOR MIXING MADE EASY”. Again, thank you all for your kind words; I wish I could answer each of you individually.

Keep an eye on this blog for another completely FREE mini art lesson soon. It incorporates a number of concepts covered in the COLOR MIXING guide.

And if you haven’t received your free mini lesson on painting plein air nocturnes, email me and get yours today. It’s completely free.

To purchase today’s affordably priced painting email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home